Are you fresh out of inspiration for what’s next for you? Perhaps you seem unable to come up with any new ideas or solutions to a situation you face?
What if I told you that it’s stress and the state of your nervous system which is creating tunnel vision, or a complete inability to move into action?
A regulated nervous system provides the space to contemplate what’s next and tap into new ideas.
In episode 23, I provide an overview of the nervous system states and how they create tunnel vision or inaction. I discuss why our ability to move between these states provides a fertile environment for change.
If you feel stuck around what’s next in life, join me to discover the role stress has in where you are today.
- 01:50 How stress impacts us
- 02:54 My personal experience with stress
- 05:29 Creating space in my nervous system
- 07:04 The nervous system and its different states
- 10:06 Getting stuck in a certain nervous response in our daily lives.
- 11:39 Sympathetic response; the flight and flee
- 13:00 The parasympathetic response; the Dorsal Vagal response
- 13:26 Ventral Vagus state
- 13:51 Scarcity and money
- 14:34 Supporting your nervous system
- 18:22 Podcast Break Announcement for the Holidays
About Life by YOUR Design
It’s time to change that career, share your gifts and create the ripples that change the course of your life. If you’re seeking more purpose and meaning, then you know it’s time to live Life by YOUR Design. Join Master Hypnotist Michelle Boyde as she discusses subconscious power, heart-fuelled passion, discovering your soul-led purpose, Human Design and interviews people committed to living life by their own design.
Join our mailing list with podcast updates, the Purposeful Pause and Human Design transits.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.